Veteran and Military Student Affairs
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges are a Military Friendly and Supportive school and dedicated to helping our Military/Veteran and family member students in their transition into the college environment.
EICC offers military and veteran priority enrollment during the designated priority
enrollment period for current students. New military and veteran students will be
allowed to register as well.
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges are dedicated to providing veteran and military students information and assistance with education benefits program through the Department of Veterans Affairs. Clinton, Muscatine and Scott Community Colleges have certifying officials on campus to assist in the registration and will certify education benefits. Academic Advisors are available to work with students in planning their coursework and faculty are on campus to work with students. Student success and degree completion is a priority for EICC.
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges are a and also signed the compliance to the . In addition, EICC was named one of the in 2015.
EICC Policy and Practices
Eastern Iowa Community College currently has many policies, procedures and practices that assist our military and veteran students. The colleges have had a long tradition of providing quality services including certification of Veteran Benefits, awarding of credit for military training, military deployment withdrawal policy and in-state tuition policy for military, veterans and their dependents.
- EICC is VA Approved.
- Each campus has a staff member that handles certification for VA and Tuition Assistance.
- EICC utilizes ACE credit recommendations along with faculty input to award credit
for military training and courses.
- EICC has relationships with the Rock Island Arsenal, local National Guard Units and
Local Reserve Units.
- EICC provides in-state tuition (Board Policy 507) to military, veterans and their
- EICC provides advising, financial aid, and job/career placement services to military
and veteran students.
- EICC offers some scholarship opportunities through foundations specific to military
and veteran students.
- EICC allows military personnel called to active duty to withdraw without penalty.
- EICC campuses provide or have provided military and veteran related activities and
- EICC has allowed military students to re-enter programs with limited enrollment without
- EICC has a Student Veteran’s Organization , Join us!
- EICC academic programs are well positioned to provide civilian credentials that complement
- EICC’s flexible learning options, including online, evenings and short-term classes,
are well positioned to serve the needs of military and veteran students.
- Registrar Office Staff have attended VA and military benefit training to keep updated with changing regulations.
The Principles of Excellence was established by in 2011. These guidelines are written to ensure that veterans' education benefits are handled properly, as well as providing support in their education endeavor and providing an environment that protects and ensures they receive what they have earned.
The principles are as follows:
- Provide students with a personalized form covering the total cost of an education
- Provide educational plans for all Military and Veteran education beneficiaries.
- End fraudulent and aggressive recruiting techniques and misrepresentation.
- Provide accommodations for Service Members and Reservists absent due to service requirements.
- Designate a Point of Contact for academic and financial advising.
- Ensure accreditation of all new programs prior to enrolling students.
- Align institutional refund policies with those under Title IV.
This page links to PDF files. Use this link to if needed.